Statement of Discipline
White Plains Ceremony Dates
Attorney Services Forms
Updated Dec. 19, 2016
Notice of Change
Order for Attorney Name Change
Pro Hac Vice
New applicants to the bar are expected to
be familiar with Local Civil Rule 1.3, Admission to the Bar.
In accordance with Local Civil Rule 1.3, new applicants to the Bar are
directed to file an application in both electronic and
printed paper forms. The application package contains the
form and printed instructions. Please carefully read the instructions
and then complete the form.
form requires that attorneys:
- Complete each section of Part A on-line
- Print a paper copy and then
- Submit the form on-line via computer.
- Complete the printed paper copy, have it notarized in Part B and Part C of the application, enclose the payment, enclose a self addressed envelope, and then mail it to either
the courthouse located in New York or White Plains.
The Clerk of Court will return your payment receipt in your self addressed envelope. Your swearing in date will be listed on your payment receipt.
For new applicants, completing this one attorney admissions application
will also generate a password for Electronic Case Filing
(ECF). (If an
attorney is already admitted to this Bar or has been admitted
Pro Hac Vice and requires only an ECF password, please visit
the ECF Registration page.)
Waiver Of Admission From
The Eastern District Of New York
Applicants, must complete an on-line petition for admission. Completing this one attorney admissions application
will also generate a request for a password for Electronic Case Filing (ECF). Please be advised that a sponsor
is not necessary. You must appear, in person, with the following documents:
- Certificate of Good Standing from the Eastern District of New York
(issued within the last 30 days)
- A printed version of the on-line petition, signed and notarized.
- The appropriate fee.
- Applicants to the bar are expected to be familiar with Local Civil Rule 1.3, Admission to the Bar.
- An affidavit is required and must be attached to your printed version of the on-line petition.
Attorneys waiving in from the EDNY only need to appear at the clerk's office and do not need to attend the ceremony.
Applicants may choose to be sworn-in either in New York or White Plains.
The following information is for New York only:
A ceremony is held before a U.S. District Judge. Persons sponsoring the admission of an attorney may, and is encouraged to appear but are no
longer required to do so. Attorneys wishing to reschedule a ceremony may do so by emailing Attorney Services at
The following information is for White Plains only:
In White Plains, admissions to the bar will be heard on a schedule to be published annually. A ceremony is held before a
U.S. District Judge or U.S. Magistrate Judge. Persons sponsoring the admission of an attorney may, and is encouraged to appear but are no longer
required to do so. Please call (914) 390-4010 if you need an adjournment.